Monday, June 06, 2005

Earndhardt made a brief appearance, too

One of our friends was taking us to the airport yesterday afternoon to catch our flight out of RDU and said to me, "I can't believe you are going home to New York." I told her she could have my plane ticket if she really wanted it.

Five days wasn't enough to see everyone, or to see anyone for enough time. I wore myself out trying to make the rounds but I still didn't have time for everyone. My sincerest apologies if you are in that group (Sorry, Ms. Mayer). But between the time off and reacquainting myself with having a ringing cell phone and driving a car, I had a lot of fun. And I felt less like an adult than I have in a long time. Thursday night a few of us went to catch Spoon in Carrboro. Shows at the Cradle always end pretty early, so we kicked it into Sophomore-year mode and stepped on it back to downtown Raleigh where we were able to see three quarters of Ted Leo's set. Friday was full of heart-to-hearts hugs and talking about Jewish people. Saturday was full of family and then full of Jack Daniel's. Sunday is the day of rest. And then lots and lots of "I missed you soooo much" sex (can you say that on the internet?).

Thanks to everybody who made my trip worthwhile. There was absolutely no drama and there were lots of chicks making out with each other on top of me. But now that I think about it there was only one free beer (GG, Brian).

And my Mom is pretty fucking funny:

"I thought he'd like to see all the things that are changing in Charlotte. Like the Walmart."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home