Monday, June 27, 2005

More rain

Brooklyn Vegan and My Old Kentucky Blog are getting a jump on their Top 10 lists for 2005. In the spirit of stealing other people's ideas, here is a sneak peek of what you'll be seeing in January from me:

5) Spoon - Gimmie Fiction
4) Clap Your Hands Say Yeah! - Self Titled
3) Sufjan Stevens - Illinoise
2) Death From Above 1979 - You're a Woman, I'm a Machine
1) Moutain Goats - Sunset Tree

Honorable mentions should go to Shakira, Decemberists, Of Montreal and Bloc Party (if for nothing other than a having a great fucking PR firm).

Also, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club has a new album called "Howl," and people say that they are good or something. I'll let you know if it's great.

And finally, I decided that I simply can't relate to kids these days. Who goes to Crazy Fire over Bali Hai? Sweet lordy, what happened to college kids?

6 Comments:

Anonymous farmfresh said...

maybe they've only been to the bali hai in durham. i went there on saturday for lunch and was disappointed, again. it's too nice inside and the food's not as good as the raleigh location. when i think bali hai, i think dank carpet, a men's bathroom in the kitchen, and fried rice so addictive it must have been seasoned with crack rocks.

3:07 PM  
Blogger Ben Shepard said...

I didn't realize that there was one in Durham. Maybe it's like The Rodeo -- you only like the one you had the first time. I couldn't stand any of them except Hillsborough St.

9:20 AM  
Blogger Caley said...

Man, I must be in the utmost minority but I am just not feeling the Clap Your Hands Say Yeah love. I kind of like the music, but can't stand the vocals.

That said, the rest of your list is pretty swank. I would totally have DFA1979 on my own list, but, being Canadian, we scored that one last year.

4:18 PM  
Blogger Ben Shepard said...

Actually, I think it may have come out in the US last year, too. I'm just a little slower than most. That being said, thanks for the comment and please substitute Mr. Adams' "Cold Roses" in slot five.

5:49 PM  
Anonymous farmfresh said...

also, if you haven't listened to the latest radar bros. release, do so.

2:12 PM  
Anonymous dennis said...

they're going the raleigh bali hai because they were complaining about the cleanliness. obviously, they neglected to chooose a good letter number combination when asked.

3:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home