Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Well, I've got a window

Listen, I realize that you've probably already decided what amount of risk you are willing to take when choosing the person to fill this position, so I'm not going to try and convince you to lower your standards and hire someone with as little experience as me if you know that you want someone with four years in an I-Bank. Because the bottom line is: no matter how well I perform, if you didn't want me here in the first place you won't be happy with me. If, however, you are on the fence about a recent grad, let me tell you this: I know that I can handle any project that you throw at me with a little bit of training. [One of the current consultants] sounded very bright on the phone when I talked to her and while explaining the workload, this position sounded like something that I would excel at and enjoy. You know as well as I do that risk and return are directly correlated, and I feel confident enough in my abilities to say to you that you will not be disappointed if you put me at that desk on Monday morning.

That is what I should have said at my interview. Six months ago. Som'beach.

And just to juxtapose [super hot, resume busting unnamed I-Bank] with where I work right now: we just had to install automatic flush sensors on the urinals because no one here seems to grasp the concept that pee smells bad.

If you need me, I'll be on Craigslist.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home