Tuesday, July 19, 2005

I feel like such a schmuck. It's the middle of the summer and I am missing all of the advantages and getting all of the drawbacks. New York City is hot. It might not be hotter than what I'm used to, but here I have to walk my fat ass everywhere I go so by the time I get to work I look like I got beat up by a giant fish or a shark with arms. My hair is all messed up and I have sweat running down my face. At first I would jog into the office panting and tell everyone that I had just run the Boston Marathon and then jogged back to Manhattan, but I think everyone except Arlene has caught on. I sleep naked with no covers but, for some reason, The Wife thinks that she should be allowed to sleep in the bed too, so our body heats reflect off of each other or something (It's complicated physics. You wouldn't understand.) and it makes it twice as hot as it would be if she would just sleep on the couch like a normal girlfriend. I told her I only need her in the bed for, like, two minutes a night, but she won't listen. Like it's her bed or something. I mean it is, but whatever.

I have learned, though, that despite the elderly-killing temperatures, heat alone will not give you a nice, healthy tan. In fact, I am white like freshly fallen snow. Which is kind of funny because thinking about freshly fallen snow just shorted out my brain, I think. I've been sitting with my hands on the keyboard for like five minutes staring off into space and then suddenly I remembered what snow was.

There has been one good thing about the heat. Since it's too hot to move I've been watching a lot more movies. In the past couple of weeks I've watched The Office in its entirety, more Simpsons than I can count, and a bunch of Studio Ghibli films. I got Spirited Away, Princess Mononoke and Kiki's Delivery Service. I think I like them in that order, actually. So if you have some recommendations for me I'm ready to hear them. So far my summer list is On The Waterfront, Dig!, and it's too hot to try and remember the rest of the list. Jesus did I mention it was hot? I'm going to go get something from the Coke machine.

1 Comments:

Anonymous farmfresh said...

if you email me your address i might send you random dvds from netflix in the mail.

11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home