Thursday, July 28, 2005

I was going to write a post using a metaphor comparing how nice and mentally stimulating this morning was and how incredibly boring this afternoon has been, but I wound up talking about food and something about a Hungryman dinner. It was kind of funny but in the end the chef shoots me in the head and that part wasn't really funny.

I have food on my mind because tonight I am going to try cooking Chicken Fried Steak for the first time, because I saw a girl do it on PBS Saturday afternoon and it looked simple enough that I could pull it off. I doubt my gravy will turn out as fantastic as hers looked, though. Somehow I always manage to fuck up gravy. Lord knows how.

I've been on a frying binge for the past couple of weeks. All I've wanted to do is deep fry. We don't have a deep fryer so I'm limited to what I can do with two or three inches of oil, but if you have some ideas leave them in comments. I think so far I've only done porkchops, squash and zucchini. Everything has turned out really well, though. If tonight goes well I'm going to try pickle chips. Oh my crap, just typing that just sent a wave of urgency and need through my body worse than any nicotine craving. Pickle chips are the inspiration for at least three of the seven deadly sins in one beautiful, golden brown, salty package. Now I can't stop thinking about them.

I'll let you know how tonight goes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home