Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Have you ever read Flowers for Algernon? It's about a man who goes through treatment for his mental problems and turns into a genius, but the effects are short lived. He decides to chronical his demise via journal. I've decided that this blog is turning into a chronical of my own personal demise. It's true -- I'm no longer a scavaging college student living on ramen noodles and corndogs. The past six times I've purchased alcohol it's been in a form other than a $2.99 Natural Light six-pack. And that includes a couple of bottles of wine! Yesterday, though, I broke the dam. The Wife decided that we needed an internet connection of our own. Something about she couldn't check her email, I wasn't listening. Then she complained a lot. So I broke down and did it. We called Time Warner and as of Friday afternoon we will be subscribers of Earthlink. I told her that if she got the internet, I'll be damned if I'm sitting around watching her check her email all day long, so tonight we will be ordering a new computer so that I can kick her off the internet to play Counterstrike. Oh, but wait! Remember how, in college, you duct taped the cat-5 wires down on the molding across rooms and hallways just to have broadband? No more! We'll also be investing in a wireless router (which I'll be securing better than our neighbors, you can be sure). And since Brian sent me a copy of Burn Hollywood, Burn (which, ironically, arrived with a spot that appears to have been burned in transit) this evening I'll be purchasing an honest-to-god DVD player.

What has happened to me? I used to be so strong.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home