Monday, August 15, 2005

Strange days

Last night sitting in bed re-reading Franny and Zooey was punctuated by sharp cracks of thunder. I couldn’t concentrate, so we took a walk around the block just before midnight and it was gorgeous. Today is dark but we aren't getting any rain quite yet. Just a nice breeze and temps in the 80's. Can't complain.

I've been in a weird mood recently. I think that it's not completely unrelated to our move to the city with the highest per capita income in the country. But it's unlike me to worry about money. Or, at least it was, before I moved. Browsing Google News this morning I found a story that only served to justify my fears that the Joneses are contributing my problem, but that's taking the easy way out, isn't it? No, no, no. There's much more to this equation, and blaming problems on money is simply out of the question. Forget the fact that I really want to go to Milk & Honey tonight (we have guests!) but I'm still on a Cellar budget, I still think most of the problem might be the lack of sweet tea in our collective diets.

Or maybe it's just the world fucking with me.

The cloud cover has moved slowly inland during the four hours that I've been sporadically writing this post (work really is getting obnoxiously more like "work") but the rain will serve as a welcome reprieve, now, from the heat and the thick city air. Today the rain doesn't bring with it the ominous connotation that it usually does for me. Even though I'm still not quite sure what's been bugging me, I have confidence that it is not permanent. Because nothing ever is. Even if we thought it was for so long.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home