Monday, February 13, 2006

For a full eighteen hours, a great mist of white fell from the sky and gathered on the ground around the cars and the dogs and the windowpanes. Slowly, the great, beautiful blanket of white turned brown and yellow and watery and then I had to walk through it to get to work this morning. Fortunately, a number of positive aspects accompanied the sludge-wading. I dressed a little down, so I didn't have to do much ironing. I now have both waterproof work pants and shoes (although it may be a bit of a stretch call Doc Martins "work shoes"), so the wading wasn't so bad. My boss didn't show up so I haven't done any work today. And I just found out (literally, while I was writing!) that we are leaving at 3:30. Have a nice afternoon, everybody. I'll be at the end of the bar.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home