Thursday, October 11, 2007

Last night after work I wandered into the bookstore and walked out with Michael Chabon's "The Mysteries of Pittsburgh." I'm sure I only recognized his name because he shows up in the "Wordloaf" episode of The Simpsons, where he gets into a fight with Jonathon Franzen. Which is actually very funny as long as you're a big fucking nerd. Anyway, this book is freaking awesome and it reminds me of the things that I enjoy about Garcia Marquez. Chabon uses a lot of big words, and seems to know when adding an archaic or out-of-place adjective can make prose more poetic and personal. I also like it when I accidentally start laughing on the subway.

That was lame and I sound like a big ole homo so I'll also tell you that tonight for dinner I am eating raw beef. For real.

I'm afraid it's time to put my pants back on and open the door to my office again, but first (as long as we're on the dorky literature trip) please remember that November is, once again, National Novel Writing Month. To date I have not found anyone to be my writing buddy but it's worth a shot. Last year my story went from normal beginning turns into bizzare ending, so maybe this year will go from bizzare premise to normal story. Who knows. Not even I, until the first night of Jack Daniels fueled napkin writing. Come on! It'll be fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home