Friday, October 26, 2007

The problem with Missed Connections is that I only look cool once in a blue moon, which is really hurting my odds. For example, last week I wrote that I got The Mysteries of Pittsburgh, and read it in two days on the subway. Two days?! I ride the subway twice a day, five times a week x fifty weeks a year = five hundred times a year (not counting weekends). So I was seen reading an intelligent novel four times out of five hundred-plus rides this year. That is unacceptable. I only dress really well twice a week or so. Maybe three if I'm lucky. The probability of me having a day when I a) dress 100%, b) am reading something bright, c) don't look hungover and d) am not half asleep and/or shoved up against the rest of the world herded onto the L train every morning is slim to none. So either you ladies need to lower your damned standards a little bit and post about me ASAP, or I am totes giving up on Craigslist.

I am not kidding.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home