Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Fun fact! What do all of these bands have in common?

Air
Aqualung
Band of Horses
Beck
The Bravery
Dashboard Confessional
Feist
LCD Soundsystem
Lucinda Williams
The Mooney Suzuki
OK Go
Peter Bjorn and John
Pinback
Vampire Weekend
X
Yeah Yeah Yeahs

Answer (highlight): They have all been featured on Gossip Girl. I am not kidding. Apparently I am not the first one to notice. Nor should the indie-pop vibe come as a surprise, considering the music supervisor. Some of the choices are definitely risque, though (X?!). CW11, Tuesday nights, dudes. Set your Tivo.

Anyway, considering the weather and my lack of sleep, I should probably be spending the next few days watching tv on the couch, but instead it's going to be four days of dinner parties and house warmings and rock-and-roll sing alongs and maybe some burlesque, if I can still stand up. If you're busy doing what I wish I was doing (anything involving blankets and being under them) you should probably watch this movie (free, possibly copywrite-infringing streaming video) called Rocket Science because it is probably the best movie that I didn't hear about in 2007. I've never even heard of any of these people. But the lead girl is really hot in that "your sister's best friend" kind of way. Also this is everything that I wanted Napoleon Dynamite to be, if it hadn't been so fucking lame. Do it, you won't be disappointed. Also FYI I am not comparing that trainwreck Napoleon Dynamite to this movie.

1 Comments:

Anonymous farmfresh said...

i looked up "rocket science" on netflix, and unfortunately it doesn't come out till the 29th. i did ,however, find another dvd of the same name. a documentary history of the space race. so it wasn't a total loss. :)

4:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home