Friday, February 08, 2008

I have an alternate email address at Gmail for spam and shady websites. It's not my name, but it's close. Every time I go in to check it I would notice emails from people who thought that they knew me -- I got invitations to parties in Harlem, resumes, and lots of "networky" emails that would just say "good to meet you." This has been going on for over a year, so it's not like the poor dude hasn't had time to figure out where all his emails are going. The weird part is that we seem to be leading slightly parellel lives. These are similarities and differences that I have garnered from the email:

Similar:
  • We both live in NYC
  • We were both in fraternities
  • We are both in business
  • We are both persuing an MBA
  • We both know people who work at the same East Harlem hair salon

    Dissimilar:
  • He's black
  • I know my email address

    Crazy, right? I think I should email him and go get a drink sometime.
  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home