Wednesday, April 23, 2008

After being a sad-sack all Sunday last week, I carpe diemed the shit out of this weekend. Here is what I did even though nobody cares:

On Saturday I woke up crazy early (10:00am) and my roommate and I walked over to Soundfix to meet Regina Spektor. I really had no idea who she was outside of that one song that was in an Apple commercial or something. It was not exciting at all for me, really, but Joseph was stoked and he yelled at her and videotaped her cute little face and her cute little itty-bitty hand waving at him. Seriously I think that she is four feet tall soaking wet, but I feel super awkward standing around staring at some girl I don't know just because she is famous and really effing cute, so I didn't, you know, go up to her with a yardstick and measure her or anything.

After that we ate breakfast and drank wine at Relish which was maybe a little expensive for breakfast, but it was still really good.

Then I broke down and dragged Joseph into Built by Wendy with me (I know! It's like role reversal, or something) and I accidentally bought some pants and a shirt that was actually made in Macau and not by some hipster named Wendy in Williamsburg.

After killing the rest of the afternoon drinking beer outside and finishing Cavalier and Klay, Betty came over and we walked around the neighborhood and grabbed a beer and she went though people's trash (shocka!).

After a tense text-message frenzy, Arthur scored tickets to the Wakey!Wakey! show of the decade in a garage-turned-recording studio in Scarytown U.S.A. a.k.a. Bed Stuy, right by the BQE and the Chicken Express (effing incredible, and $4 for a chicken sandwich, fries and a Coke!). It was awesome and the cops showed up, so you know it was awesome. Four people played and one guy covered an Ani song which made me happy. Also this black couple told me I looked like Spiderman and I was so close to trying to joke around and say something about how the guy looked like Will Smith (he did not look like Will Smith), but I bit my tounge hard because I think that maybe joking around like "ha ha, all black people look the same" might still be taboo. Who knows.

Theme: What a great fucking day. What a great season. I don't know how warm it is outside right now, but I know that two weeks ago I put my winter coat in the way-back of my closet so that I don't have to look at it anymore. I know that the weather is making me think about the next few months in concrete terms, making concrete plans, which is something that I have a hard time doing during the winter. And I know that it's making me regret some decisions that I've made in the past few months that I've tried to play down, and that I will do my best to keep in mind going forward, even if it's too late to do anything about, now.

Happy Spring, bitches!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home